Week Fourteen

Celebrate Your Life

I feel like I have learned much in this class. One surprising thing is that being the best entrepreneur you can be, means giving back to your community or country (depending on the size of your business). This shouldn't be just about you and how much money you can make and the toys you can buy to impress people. It is about making things around you better be it people or community. Tom Monaghan learned this after starting a successful pizza company called Dominos. Upon reading C.S. Lewis he learned he had pride and needed to get rid of it helped. He went on to build a university to give back for his good fortune. 

Second, passion and drive are extremely necessary qualities for becoming an entrepreneur. It is best if you can find something you like to do, and then do it, and get paid for it. Also, these two qualities will help you maintain the energy levels you need to build to your business.  

Third, values such as honesty and integrity foster relationships of trust with those you work with or at least come in contact with and maybe someday might work with. I have looked over my integrity while studying this course and made a few changes. I want to show integrity in all I do and wherever I am. There are probably times we could get away without but always being right with the Lord and not justifying your behavior is a much better way to live. 

The last example I will give of some of the things we learned is that challenges will come as an entrepreneur. You can make a business plan, have your strategy, define your resources and capabilities hold fast to your values and things will still go wrong. But if you stick to the things you know and the people you love and who love you and you will make it. 

I have really enjoyed this course and learned so much about entrepreneurship. And I think I am still going to give it a try. =)










Comments