Week One

Intro to Entrepreneurship Bus 110

"Whether success story or tragedy, the real tale is about if the hero becomes who he or she is meant to be. I know God has a plan for me, but am I getting there? Maybe slowly, very slowly. Living Life as an Entrepreneurial Hero (Jeff Sandefer) - WOW amazing! So much reflection and self-evaluation. Good questions like; do you long to be successful? Do you want to make a difference in the world? Do you feel like you were put on this earth for a reason or do you just feel lost? It teaches you that it won't be an easy journey, but it will be worth it. As we follow his step by step plan he breaks it down into pieces that seem doable. 

The reading for this first week has been so exciting. At first, it looked daunting with all that was listed but as I dove in I loved it! 

One of the principles Jeff teaches is to use a natural gift and develop it. That is hard for me I don't see any of my natural gifts growing into anything entrepreneurial. I'm pretty nice and I can smile big...

Next, he teaches don't make excuses. Life is difficult and "The life of an entrepreneurial hero is not for the faint of heart." Keep going.

Guy Kawasaki has a similar theory - do what you love.

Pres. Hinckley believes in us (the young people anyway), he loves them. He expects good things from them. Pray for the Lord to guide you. Don't engage in bad behavior - be virtuous. The world will look to you. The world is getting worse and we will become more separate from the world. He wants us to be ambitious (paraphrased). 

Let's not forget Elder Bednar's Your Whole Soul as an Offering Unto Him. College is a time to be "prized and prospered" not just to get through. We need to be willing to make sacrifices and consecrate our time and talents to our gaining an education. It will help us with our responsibility to build the kingdom of God. A reminder to me that this is one reason I went back to school to be a better instrument in the hands of God, especially when Hal and I serve missions and helping our entrepreneurial children. 











Comments