Week Five

The Power to Become

A Hero's Journey

The statement was a little confusing, "It's all about you, but it's not all about you."  Hmm, I have pondered that and listened to that statement and Corey Bell's explanation a couple of times to figure out what he meant. I believe "it's all about you" is referring to there is only you and it is up to you to become something. You have the power to become whatever you want. Whatever you can grow into. And the second part, it's not about you is referring to don't let what you become be all about you. Be someone who gives back, be someone who cares about others. 

Later in the talk Corey shares these questions to help us:
  1. Have I contributed something meaningful? 
  2. Was I a good person?

Some other tips he gave to help keep us on the right track:
  1. Live EVERY moment like it matters
  2. Learn how to learn, listen and ask questions
  3. Learn how to make money
  4. Learn how to make a life of meaning
The one that struck me the most was number one - Live every moment like it matters. I think this is a great reminder of how precious life is. Sometimes I get caught up in the humdrum of life and I need to be more grateful, do good things, help others, and finish my degree!

David Friedberg imparted some good information, you will most likely not be a Rock Star in a start-up company. Knowing this I can move on and have some pressure lifted. I can just be an entrepreneur and do the best I can with passion, power, and persistence. The three P words from all of my classes this week.

Passion came from Randy Komisar. He directed us on how to use our passion in a positive way, positive passion. My oldest daughter loves alliterations. I am still working on becoming passionate and thinking of some business that can come of it. I love a number of things, but I am not REAL good at anything I can think of to capitalize on. I really just want to help my entrepreneurial children. My second daughter just started an event planning business, Bow&Tie Events. Organizing events is a passion of hers. She started young with planning her birthday parties about 11 months in advance. I have a son who is passionate about design and can design furniture, home renovations, clothing outfits, etc. but he lacks confidence. Hopefully, someday he will realize his worth.














Comments